XENTRY Pass Thru EU is our Mercedes-Benz truck diagnosis solution for independent workshops. The software runs on any workshop PC and commercially available Pass Thru equipment.
What does XENTRY Pass Thru EU have to offer?
XENTRY Pass Thru EU is the diagnosis software for standard PCs, made specifically for independent operators.
Your Benefits at a Glance:
- Vehicle diagnosis possible using standard PCs and commercially available Pass Thru equipment (SAE J2534 standard)
- Virtually complete diagnostics scope (from quick tests to flashing and clearing the fault memory) with the exception of technical limitations linked to Pass Thru devices of the SAE J2534 Pass Thru standard
- For control units in Euro VI-certified commercial vehicle series
In order to be able to use XPTEU, you have to apply for the standard diagnosis right via UMAS and carry out the one-time identification.
Once your role was assigned, you have to download the basic setup of XPTEU to generate the hardware ID. This can be downloaded via: XPTEU_Basis.zip
To purchase the one-year license, we will need to verify that your company is working in the automotive sector. This check-up will be performed manually and can take up to several weeks.
The processing time when purchasing the time credits can exceed one day. We recommend that you buy time credits in advance to avoid waiting times.
Did you already know that…?
The validity of time credits begins to expire at the start of use.
A credit unit retains its validity following the end of the diagnosis session or after having changed vehicles until it has expired. Time credit purchased in error or that is no longer required cannot be returned or refunded. Any time credit that has not been used or activated once the contract has expired cannot be refunded. However, credit is transferred if you extend the contract.
XENTRY Pass Thru EU Elements:
- Quick test
- Basic diagnostics (only in XENTRY Diagnosis)
- Initial startup, teach-in process and control unit programming (“flashing”)
- Reads the fault memory for control units in Euro VI-certified commercial vehicle series
- Access to all commercial vehicle model series (Mercedes-Benz as well as EvoBus brands) certified to Euro VI standards with diagnostics via CAN.
Please note: The following adapters can be operated:
- Actia Passthru+ XS 2G
- Bosch KTS 560
- ·ADIS Technology EURO VCI
These adapters have been tested and must only be used with XENTRY Pass Thru. Daimler Truck AG is not liable for any other adapters
XENTRY Pass Thru EU does not support any model series and model designations other than those specified above. If you require the full scope of diagnosis for all model series and model designations, we refer you to our standard diagnosis solution XENTRY Diagnosis Kit 4.
In general, a XENTRY Pass Thru EU contract is valid for one year and can be extended by payment of an annual fee by one year.
What Are the System Requirements?
- A special, hardware-specific StartKey is required to use XENTRY Pass Thru EU.
- After having installed the basic setup you can also order it from Service Info Mercedes-Benz Trucks Portal. The hardware ID required to order the StartKey can be selected using the "ConfigAssist" tool in "System Data".
- By the way: The StartKey will also make it possible for certain end devices (e.g. laptops) to run diagnosis applications using the unique hardware ID.
Also keep in mind:
- Administrator rights for installation and updates
- Windows-compatible PC or laptop with at minimum Intel I5 CPU or comparable type
- Operating system: Windows 10 (64 bit)
- At minimum 8 GB main memory (RAM), 16 GB recommended
- At minimum 150 GB available hard drive space, SSD hard drive recommended (as a result of performance and mechanical durability)
- Browser: Microsoft Edge
- Broadband Internet connection via LAN/WLAN
- Microsoft NET 4.0 (or higher) must be installed (www.microsoft.com)
- Oracle Java 1.8 / Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength (http://www.oracle.com)
- Various URLs and ports in local or network firewall/proxy enabled
Your Notes on Use
If you would like to use diagnosis content, you require a permanent online connection for the following:
- Access to diagnosis data (carried out per diagnosis session)
- Checking access authorisations for data content (StartKey)
- Checking contractual data